Admittedly, the quality of MacBook and MacBook Pro battery is currently lower than the iBook and PowerBook battery. I think we need to fix the way we treat and use the Apple notebook batteries. Apple notebook battery is using a Lithium-Ion battery which is claimed to produce maximum performance even with minimal care. This time the MWI collect tips for longer battery life and durable. Battery life is very influential of the applications we use. For example, running Adobe Photoshop to work on A4-sized image files will drain the battery faster than just running Safari for browsing activities.
Apple also claims every battery is able to work optimally until it reached 300 cycles. MWI encountered several cases, often the owner complained about the battery is drop on the notebook when its not reached 100 cycles. And there also remains strong despite his cycle exceeds 300. It all depends on how do we use it.
To find out how many cycles your battery, open the System Profiler through the About This Mac> More Info … and select Power on the left column.
In software, you can do the following to save battery life:
- Reduce Brightness / Brightness Display: Open System Preferences> Displays and set his slider as comfortable as possible.
- Turn off Bluetooth or AirPort if not used: Although not in use, Bluetooth and AirPort require power supplies to keep operating. So turn off when not needed.
- Turn off Dashboard: Dashboard with widgets that are working behind the scenes also weigh on the processor. If you do not need it at all, need to be accessed since you turn on your Mac. Or turn off the following ways: Open Terminal (/ Applications / Utilities / Terminal.app) and type:
defaults write com.apple.dashboard mcx-disabled -boolean YES
Change YES to NO to enable it again.
- Off the Wrong One Core Processors: Only valid for Mac-Intel
- Battery drain the contents at least once a month: This step is intended to element ion in the battery is always moving. Especially for those who often work in a charging position.
- Here are the steps for ion battery back healthy:
- Use a notebook to his sleep by itself.
- Let your stay asleep for 5 hours or more until the indicator goes off.
- Charge back to 100%
Well now you will hopefully be better in taking care of your beloved notebook battery
Category: Main Segmen