Symantec System Protection: ApplicationHA and VirtualStore from Symantec.
Symantec’s industry-leading technology-based ApplicationHA of Veritas Cluster Server, will provide high availability for critical business applications through application-level visibility and control in VMware environments. VirtualStore Symantec Veritas Storage Foundation-based technology, is a solutions-based storage management software to VMware virtual machine that is able to provide the needs of storage for virtual servers and desktops quickly, efficiently and process of cloning a virtual machine boot process faster.
VirtualStore ApplicationHA and perfectly integrated with management tools such as VMware vCenter VMware Server, enabling customers to install this tool without causing any impact on their operational model.
- Monitor the health and detect the application failure within a virtual machine
- Running back a failed application
- Coordinate with VMware HA to run a virtual machine again
- Is built with leading technology Adri Veritas Cluster Server.
- Supports a variety of applications including MS SQL Server, Exchange, IIS, Oracle and SAP.
- Helping customers reduce costs associated with virtual machines that spread and improve the performance of virtual infrastructures
- Assist administrators to dramatically reduce the cost of virtual machines by utilizing existing storage or re-using an inexpensive storage or storage area commonly used standard
- To help IT organizations reduce storage space by only storing the differences between the parent image in a virtual machine with each clone
- Significantly lower total cost of ownership by utilizing thin provisioning technology
- Features ‘FileSnap’ enables administrators to easily and quickly clone and provide the needs of thousands of virtual machines in minutes
- Page caching feature innovative, VirtualStore also eliminates performance degradation that arises when multiple users start their virtual machines (‘Bootstorm’).
Symantec ApplicationHA already available this month at a price of U.S. $ 437.5 per virtual machine while Symantec VirtualStore planned to be available in the fourth quarter of 2010 with price-per-server model. Symantec ApplicationHA and VirtualStore will support the major platforms including Windows, VMware and Linux.
Category: Main Segmen