3 Tips to Get Rid of Cat Pee Smell Easily – One of the problems often faced by cat keepers is the distinctive smell of cat urine, especially for those who keep male cats because the habit of male cats when they are adults is to spray.
Getting rid of the smell of cat urine is quite easy and you have to do it for your own comfort. Here are a few tips for eliminating the smell of cat urine that are proven to be effective.
Here are 3 Tips to Get Rid of Cat Urine Smell Easily
1. The smell of cat urine coming from the litter box
The litter box is a place intended for the cat’s ‘back’ business, therefore the source of the urine smell most often comes from their litter box. Eliminate the unpleasant smell of cat urine by:
- Choose lumpy sand because it is more effective at absorbing the smell of cat urine.
- If you use zeolite sand, change the cat litter twice a day, or replace it when the bottom of the sand is wet.
- Wash the litter box regularly, try to have a spare litter box while washing the litter box that has been used.
- Wash and soak the inside of the litter box using bicycling. Apart from being useful for killing germs, bicycling is known to be effective in eliminating the smell of cat urine.
2. Cat Pee Smells Because Cats Pee Carelessly
The smell of cat urine due to careless peeing is often experienced by kitten/kitten owners, especially for kittens who are not used to peeing in the litter box. Most kittens just pee on the floor of the house. Cleaning by wiping with a cloth or water alone is not enough to remove the smell of cat urine. If it is not cleaned thoroughly, the spot that was urinated on will become the cat’s favorite spot to urinate at the next opportunity.
Use a product like Bayclin or Wipol to get rid of the smell of cat urine. Remember! Smells that can no longer be detected by human noses may still be detected by your cat’s nose. As a further precaution, you can sprinkle baking soda or coffee grounds on the area where the cat urinated after cleaning it with Bayclin or wipepol.
3. Cat Pee Smell on the Carpet or Mattress
Getting rid of the smell of cat urine on the carpet and on the mattress is the most difficult because I have personally experienced it. The smell of cat urine may still last for several days, but there’s no harm in trying the following tips as first aid.
- Wipe the area affected by the cat’s urine before the urine is completely absorbed. The longer it is left, the more cat urine spreads the smell of urine which fills the house and leaves spots on the carpet. Wipe using an unused cloth/towel.
- Use a special cat pee odor remover for carpets sold in pet stores. Apply or spray directly on the carpet or mattress and let sit until dry.
- As an alternative, mix equal amounts of water and vinegar, then rub or spray it on the area where the animal has urinated. Another ingredient you can use is mouthwash which contains alcohol but is colorless. Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Dry the carpet or mattress that the cat peed on several times.
- Especially for carpets, you can take them to the laundry so you can be sure your favorite carpet is free from the smell of cat urine.
Having a pet at home is not only fun but can also reduce the stress level of the owner, provided the pet is trained to behave well. Even well-trained cats occasionally defecate in inappropriate places in the house, causing an unpleasant odor.
Cat urine stains can cause two problems, namely containing disease-causing bacteria and containing ammonia which causes a strong urine odor and is difficult to remove. As a human being who is committed to keeping a cat, don’t be lazy about dealing with unpleasant things too.
That’s a brief review of 3 Tips for Easily Eliminating the Smell of Cat Urine. Hope it is useful!